- 1. Introduction
By using the Website and Services, you consent to the collection of personal and other information about you by us.
- 2. Personal Information
We only collect personal information about you when you use the Website.
This information may include:
- (a) your name;
- (b) your gender;
- (c) your address;
- (d) your postcode;
- (e) your email address;
- (f) your telephone numbers;
- (g) your personal preferences and an account password;
- (h) how you use the Website, such as the date, time and location of use;
- (i) information regarding your browsing activity when visiting the Website; and
- (j) other information similar to the above
In addition, when you use the Website and Services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
When you send emails or otherwise communicate with us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
The Website may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, and customised content. We may also analyse Website activity (such as the number of users who visit this website, the date and time of visits, the number of pages viewed, navigation patterns, what systems users have used to access the site and, when entering this website from another website, the address of that website). Some of this information will be gathered through the use of "cookies" (see clause 6).
- 3. Use of personal information
We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it is submitted or for the following purposes relating to our business operations:
- (a) providing you with products and/or services, including information services and the display of customised content and advertising;
- (b) registering your details;
- (c) dealing with requests, enquiries, or other customer care related activities;
- (d) ensuring the functionality of our network;
- (e) carrying out auditing, market and product analysis to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- (f) developing new services;
- (g) marketing our other goods and services to you; and
- (h) carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement, in connection with legal proceedings and crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution.
We may also use your personal information for purposes which are related to those described above, that would be reasonably expected by you. You will be able to opt out of receiving marketing material from us when you register with us. To opt out of receiving our marketing materials after you initially choose to receive such material, please contact us.
- 4. Disclosure
We only share personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Reach Media New Zealand Limited in the following limited circumstances:
- (a) where we have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information;
- (b) we may provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf, including to the extent necessary to run and support the Website. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- (c) we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- (ii) enforce these terms or any term relating to the Services we provide you;
- (ii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
- (iv) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of us or the Website, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties (without notice to you) certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
- 5. Security
We aim to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted by you, and we review and update our security measures periodically. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect personal information you transmit to us, however data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be totally secure.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorised access to systems where we store personal data.
Employees and the contractors who provide services related to the Website are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us and we restrict access to personal information.
Notwithstanding the above, to the extent permitted by law we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
- 6. Cookies
We may also offer services through the Website from time to time that use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the relevant section of the Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- 7. Access to information
- You can access (and if necessary correct) any of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us.
- 8. Links to other sites
- We provide links to websites outside our Website, including third party vendors. These linked sites are not under our control, and we have no responsibility for the conduct of third parties outside the Website. You should review the terms and conditions of other websites, including privacy policies, before disclosing your personal information on any other website.
- 9. Further privacy information
- Further privacy information can be obtained on the Privacy Commissioner's website at www.privacy.org.nz